You may have experienced radical change that has shifted you into a major life transition. Perhaps you’ve lost a spouse, child, or parent, or are going through a health crisis, divorce, job loss, or are caring for parents, or redefining yourself.
You will likely experience one or more life transitions during your 40s or 50s.
Like everyone else, in the last several years I have experienced my own turbulent changes including reinventing my career, relocation nightmares, and health issues.
All of these unexpected changes thrust me into a period of uncertainty, and another powerful life transition.
It is easy to get lost, frustrated, and overwhelmed.
Perhaps you can relate.
The unrest that occurs at this period of our life is about sorting out and separating who you are becoming from who you have been.
It is a time for deep introspection, and for exploring how you want to live this part of your life and how to become more authentically who you really are.
During these challenging times, I continue to implement these seven important ways to navigate change, uncertainty, and transition.
Perhaps they will be helpful for you as well.
- Get grounded in your body. Take deep breaths and feel yourself in your physical body. Breathe into your back, shoulders, and neck, into your energy centers, and your heart. You will feel your body become stable.
- Find a sense of safety and security. Getting grounded will help you feel more secure. Decrease, and ultimately rid yourself of negative input from the news and overwhelm from the Internet. Surround yourself with positive, like-minded, conscious, people as much as possible.
- Quiet your mind, and dream. Creating a daily practice to quiet your mind is imperative. Meditate, walk in silence, or do breathwork – whatever works for you. Ask your higher self questions such as, “what is my next step in my life? What does my higher self desire for me?” Keep a journal to write down the answers.
- Get support from friends. Have at least two friends who love and support you with whom you can share your true, authentic feelings. They should be willing to listen to you on good and bad days.
- Find a support community. Join a support community that you can relate to, like a loss and grief group, a group that enjoys art and creativity, dinner and chat, movie nights, or walking and exercise. Do what you love to do!
- Take care of your mental health. It is hard to make decisions if you are overwhelmed, anxious and depressed. Find a good therapist or hire a life coach. Get support!
- Get plenty of sleep. When you have experienced a crisis or sudden change, you need more sleep. The body cannot heal without rest and sleep. Get at least eight hours.
At some point, you may know you want to change your life, but you may have no idea how to move forward so you can make that change.
If you are at a crossroads and looking for support and ideas that can help you move forward, you are in the right place.
I offer Personal Transition Coaching. We work together to create a plan to help you manage life’s uncertainty and transitions, and then we will build new perspectives on possibilities for your new way of living.
Join me for the launch of my new Six-week workshop in June 2022, Navigating Through Change, Uncertainty, and Transition. It is a powerful program to help you take steps forward and explore possibilities, feel supported by other women in transition, and help create an action plan that guides and supports you in taking small steps forward.
Much love to everyone,
Send an email to schedule a 30- minute complimentary call and we will see if this is the right next step for you.