By Becky Arrington
As a Conscious Business owner you are heartfelt and passionate about the work you do. Most likely you have given your heart and soul to succeed, but you may have committed several of the Seven Deadly Sins that are keeping you from attracting more clients and your business from thriving.
- NO SALES STRATEGY: Many Conscious Business owners rely on The Law of Attraction to get their clients. Although Intention does work, it has to be coupled with Action to attract clients to your business. It is important to bridge the gap between holistic, spiritual concepts and the reality of business, creating a strategy that can attract more clients and keep them. Once you have the foundations of your business and are established, THEN you can employ the Law of Attraction to bring more clients into your business, but they have to be able to find you first.
- WON’T USE THE “S” WORD: Sales can feel inauthentic, especially if you don’t have the right words and offerings for your business. One of the hardest things to do as a Business Owner is to sell your business. That is why creating language that succinctly describes your business while sharing ways you can help the client out of their pain is an easy way to help you feel comfortable and confident when talking about your business. The “S” word doesn’t have to be Sleazy, let’s reframe it to be Sensational!!
- WANTS TO HEAL THE WORLD: As a Conscious Business owner, you would like to work with everybody and perhaps you can. But in the meantime narrowing the scope will do wonders for your business. Having a specific niche to market to will allow you to speak the language of that group as well as fully integrate yourself into the problems they face, equaling MORE SALES!! Understanding who your target market is, what motivates them and what are their challenges will help you create marketing language that speaks directly to them.
- BELIEVES MONEY IS EVIL! : Whether it is a past life vow of poverty or some other block, ideas about money can be deep seated, creating the need to go to the root cause of your beliefs. Look deeply within or work with a professional to clear away the past money fears whether from this lifetime or from previous contracts. So many conscious business owners feel it is not right to accept money for their God given gifts. If you have that belief, take a look at the Universal Law of Exchange, stating an exchange of energy is required for every act. Consider looking deeply within to understand what old ideas you may have about money and perhaps it’s time to play nice with money and welcome it into your business!
- FEELS UNDER-QUALIFIED: STOP getting certifications!! Many Conscious Business owners are ex-corporate or did something totally unrelated in their former life, so confidence in this new direction may be lacking. More training comes to mind, when in reality it may be something else that is stopping them from moving forwards in their business. Other issues may be around perfectionism, when business owners think everything has to be perfect in order to begin. Whether it is a feeling of worthiness or perfectionism, these can be roadblocks in your business.
- FORGETS THE CLIENT: Oh horrors!! Helping others is what you live for! But a website filled with your personal belief mantras or an endless list of modalities and processes you use, is all about you. More sales come when you speak directly to the things in your client’s life that matter to THEM. Whether that be their pain, their hopes or what keeps them up at night. Targeting that pain and offering ways in which your solutions can help, is a way to connect more directly with them. After they are past the crisis, then they can check out your “about” page to know you.
- THINKS SPIRITUALITY AND SUCCESS ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE: Whether you are a holistic healer or an ethical energy worker, there is a way to merge “change the world” intentions with 3rd dimensional business practices and create a successful, integral business that makes money. But it sometimes requires changing one’s mindset. Somewhere along the line many Conscious Business Owners have had a disconnect in the success department. It is possible to combine transformational strategies with sound business practices to help you create a platform to showcase your business and attract clients.
Becky is a Success Strategist and Clinical Hypnotherapist who uses her intuitive abilities and alchemical therapies to create new behaviors and thoughts that remove limiting blocks and transform paradigms that stand in the way of success, performance and life.